Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rockin' the Presidency!


Good Morning!
Today marks the inauguration of Barak Obama as president of the United States. As I watch the festivities in Washington, I am reminded of another inauguration back in the 60s when another young family was in the spotlight and the American Camelot was born.
A lot of things have happened since then, and I have witnessed the inauguration of a number of individuals who came into the Oval Office, changed what they could, pushed some issues into the closet, and sometimes were downright embarassing. Every of those inaugurations marked a new beginning for American. In some cases we were embarrassed at the result.
Yesterday Washington was full of visitors, people there to welcome the new president and to witness the concert at the Lincoln Memorial. A veritable galaxy of stars came out to welcome Barak Obama. They quoted Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln and others who were not afraid to step out from the crowd and make a difference. This concert saw thousands of people at the national mall, watching the concert - which rocked more than a little bit - and singing along with Garth Brooks, Pete Seger and an array of stars.
I admit I was moved. I admit I was moved, and I can't wait to hear President Obama's acceptance speech today. In the meantime, I am prouder than ever to be an American and to see a time when real change becomes a reality.
'
All that said, I wish you a bright day. Keep on the sunny side, Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series

"Travel Through Time With Terry"

http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.