Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pin Your Dreams on a Star



Dear Blogger;

This is for all my readers who have a dream, which probably makes it for just everyone I know. Who dosen't have a dream?

When I was a kid, my dream was to be a novelist because I loved to read so much. Reading took me to places I might never see, and it taught me things I might never have learned. Getting there was quite a struggle, but the good thing about a long journey is all the material one is given to use in one's books!

I got to visit to Mistic Connecticut about 25 years ago and when I came home from that trip, which was originally a visit with my brother who was mustering out after 20 years in the Navy. I wrote my novel, Mystick Moon after visiting the reproduction of that famous seaport.

Mystick Moon is the story of a young girl who finds herself in New England shortly after settlement. Elizabeth grows up fast. She is one of those abused kids who take care of their parents and grow up way too soon. Elizabeth wants someone to love her, and in time she finds a family and her true love, even though some people think she is a witch. They even go so far is to try and hang her, but love comes riding up to save her - just like in the fairy tales. Well, come on. How can you have a romantic novel without a happy ending?

I think that when we pin our dreams on a star, true love is one of the things we seek. The stars give us a goal, a place to go to visit the dream until it comes true. I know that is the way it works for me.

How many dreams have you pinned on the stars? How many of those dreams came true? I sure would like to know I am not alone over here. Maybe you will tell me one of these days - in the meantime, keep warm and stay on the sunny side! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.