Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How Do They Do That?




Good Day Bloggers,

I happened across today's photo while looking for interesting art I can post here to keep my blog fresh and timely. I have always had a lively curiousity about ancient Egypt, in fact, one of my early novels Ancient Memories takes place in part in that mysterious place.

Ancient Memories is about reincarnation, and I think that at least part of me went there to try to find out how they did it. I can't help but wonder how the Sphinx, the pyramids and all the imposing statues and architecture were achieved without the use of power tools and fossil fuels.

I have always suspected that the ancient Egyptians had some sorts of knowledge we can only aspire to learn. I mean, look at all of those enormous rocks, shaped and shifted into awe-inspiring monuments that have stood silent in the deserts of Egypt for thousands of years. How did they do it?

It is just this sort of wonder that keeps me plugging at my own impossible dream. Lord knows, I would love to have a couple of best-sellers and to find that I have readers for my stories in every corner of the globe. Maybe then folks will look at the girl from Appalachia who dared to have a big dream and succeeded. Wouldn't that be sweet?

I sure like looking at the results of impossible dreams that came true, don't you? I bet President Obama does!

Ponder on it pligrim - and keep on the sunny side. Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.