Saturday, January 3, 2009

Editing Woes



Greetings Bloggers,

I want to make a confession. I sent a book to a friend of mine who took the time to find many corrections in what I believed to be the final draft of my latest print release. The book was dedicated to her, and I am grateful for her critique. She found dozens of errors.

For those of you who are writers, I want to say: Get some new eyes to edit your opus. No matter how you try, you aren't going to see what may seem like glaring errors to others.

I know I went through Chesapeake Harvest a dozen times - and a friend also vetted the manuscript and found several errors. It seemed to me that the work was done, and now I understand that it is full of clinkers and not worth the paper it is published upon.

I feel terrible, and I hope this friend is up for some work as my editor. I surely need her help. In the meantime I am going to lick my wounds and try to figure out how I am going to get this book in better shape. Oh yes, and try to keep on the sunny side. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.