Sunday, March 1, 2009

Whaddya Mean Snow?




Good Morning Bloggers,

In like a lion! The weatherman says the Eastern Shore stands to get as much as a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow. I say Humbug! February is the worst part of the year for me, and now they are saying we are about to get a huge storm on the first of March.

I could do without it. Really I could. This isn't fair. The yard is alive with robins, whole flocks and herds of them are populating the yard recently. Kinda looks like they have been fibbing too. Whass up with that? I can deal with the darned groundhog. I think his publicist sets up a sun lamp so the poor little rodent sees his shadow and goes back in his burrow for an extended nap.

Hey, I get up in the middle of the night myself for a potty break.

The yard is ready for spring. The squill lilies and daffodils have sprouted and are nearly two inches tall. They are going to wish they stayed in for a while longer.

I know I don't plan to go outside if it snows. I spent way too many years wading in snow up to my ankles, knees and bottom. I shoveled snow and pushed snow and wallowed in snow. Never did like the stuff.

I even moved a few hundred miles south so I wouldn't have to deal with the rotten stuff so often, and it found me! My plan is to stop at the market on the way home from Sunday dinner and to fight the crowds. I need some bread, milk and toilet paper.

I would suggest you all keep on the sunny side, but you can't see the sun through the snow. An alternate suggestion: pray for spring. Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.