Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrr, Really?




Hello Bloggers,

I am not used to the cold we are having these days. Brrrrrrrr as it says in my title for the day. The old folks, and native residents, tell me that this sort of cold is not unusual for the Eastern Shore. All of this indicates to me that weather can come in cycles.

I remember the late 60s in the Adirondacks and one winter when the temperature stayed below zero for more than a month, with the thermometer falling as far as 40 degrees below zero. The house I lived in had no plumbing, and I will tell you that morning walk to the privy was a bitch - but the pipes didn't freeze. You learn to count your blessings.

I am not so fond of the cold, it gets in my bones and some days the only warm spot was under the covers. I get up anyway and try to carry on my life under the pile of clothing necessary to maintain a steady body temperature. I sort of wish someone could take the 100 degree days we experience here in mid-summer and moderate the cold, saving some of the cold to temper the heat, but I suppose that is too much to ask!

One good thing about the cold is that it keeps me in the house looking for things to do. That said, I absolutely make myself sit down at the computer to work on the book of at day. I am in final book sag in my Chesapeake Heritage series and I have to thank this recent cold snap for keeping my fingers on the keyboard and breaking the writer's block on this particular tale. Thanks, Jack Frost. Thanks meteorologist. It worked!

So. I need to get to work. I sure appreciate the cold weather when things like that happen. Today I have to get out to attend the Wednesday Morning Artists weekly get together, so I sure hope the sun is shining on all of the ice and snow outside my snug little den. Have a great day folks and keep on the sunny side. Terry


Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.