Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What is Your Inspiration?



Hello Bloggers,

A while back I lived near a man-made lake used to generate power for a rural area of upstate New York. I happened to learn something about the power project and found that dozens of families - and at least one graveyard - had been relocated when the dam was complete and the valley was flooded.

Now a flood is a sad thing, scary in fact, and some areas along the Hudson river flooded each spring as a result of snow melt from the huge snowstorms that rendered the area a veritable ice box each winter. But that sort of thing is natural. Dams are not.

A man-made flood was something I could hardly fathom, and eventually I decided to write Cheryl Mae's story - a story about a woman who knew the folk ways of healing, a woman who found herself in an entirely new world when her home ended up far beneath the waters of the new lake.

I am not much for mysteries, but Stephen King reminds us in his Colorado Kid that a mystery is not necessarily a whodonit, but rather a story to be unraveled. I think that is what I did. Maybe you can tell me? My book Hell or High Water is available at many of the ebook sites, including Amazon's Kindle.

Happy Reading and keep on the sunny side. Terry

PS: Look for my books at www.writewordsinc.com, www.ebooksonthe.net, Kindle, Amazon.com, Booksurge, Fictionwise, All Romance E-books and more. Happy reading!

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.