Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Which Autobiography?


Hello There,

Yesterday I delivered my Visionary Valentine to the new Main Street Gallery down on Race Street in Cambridge. My donation was a doll called the Queen of Hearts. You remember, the bad girl I posted about last week? She, and her ladies in waiting, Goldie and Michelle, will be unveiled at the gala this coming Saturday night.

The arts coordinator and I really hit it off and I ended up coming home to gather up several other displays - earrings, pendant, whimsies, and my novels(!) for the gallery gift shop. I was delighted with the reception my work gathered. My only problem is the coordinator asked me for a biography. Hmmmm.

I have several biographies, but which one to use? I should think the autobiography should probably embrace the making of the Queen who is a focal point in the silent auction, but I am one of those individuals who do all sorts of things - all art. Once, long ago, a friend told me I would only ever write one poem, and you know what? I believe she was right.

I am a creative person. I write novels, poetry, songs and sometimes grants and other boring stuff. I can't sit still, so I make bead jewelry, crocheted winterwear, and quirky dolls - like mermaids, faeries, rag dolls, santas and character dolls like the ones I delivered to the gallery this week. It is all the same poem.

What does your poem look like? Think about it and keep on the sunny side! Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.