Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Morning



Good Sunday morning,

I am reminded of the Sundays of my childhood when going to church was a highlight of the week. Now I know a lot of people did not feel that way, but I always enjoyed both the stillness of church, and the joy of the singing.

Singing harmony was never a problem. The piano player was a strong musician - we couldn't afford an organ back in LeRoy, PA - and every hymn had its prelude, during which you could hear the bass and treble notes. You just chose your part and followed along with the words.

This did not exactly serve me later on in my life when people expected me to learn music, but it worked just fine when I was a youngster singing to the greater glory.

I can't recall that the religion practiced back at that little Church of Christ was particularly harsh. They taught the Golden Rule and the 10 Commandments were mentioned, but I think everyone there knew kids were kids and pretty much every sin could be forgiven.

As an adult, I see all sorts of prejudice in the world and it makes me sad. It seems to me folks should celebrate their differences and share their strengths.

Ponder on it, and keep on the sunny side. Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.