Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is Chocolate a Veggie?



Hello Bloggers,

A while back I wrote a song called the Ode to Chocolate and fellow writer Glenda Baker added a verse that reminds us all that chocolate is made from a bean, and is therefore a vegetable.

All I know is that chocolate must be the food of the gods and I am very glad it is available to all of us mortals.

Chocolate is a precious thing - so much so the ancient Aztec Indians used the beans for currency. Can you imagine?

I think it could be a good idea, although I don't know how it would work when paying one's taxes. Do you think the government can process truckloads of chocolate coming in from every quarter? I don't think so. Besides, how could you make sure everyone was paying their fair share? How could you be sure that the people who receive the chocolate aren't sneaking just a little bit?

Chocolate as currency doesn't seem like the best idea. It is, however, a really neat snack. After all, chocolate is supposed to trigger the brain's chemistry so that the consumer feels a sensation similar to love.

Why don't we use all the chocolate taxes and send them to the war zones around the world and calm things down? That might work.

I could go on all day, but my serious writing calls. On that note, I will say so long for now, do keep on the sunny side folks! Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.