Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How Do You Know It Is Spring?



Hi Bloggers,

A week or so ago the groundhog predicted six more weeks of winter, and I respect the little guy, but I am not convinced he is the final authority on the subject of spring.

That same week I saw a flock of robins on the courthouse lawn. They were in my own back yard yesterday. I stood on the porch and noticed the trees are budding out in shades of red and that new green that only occurs when spring is on the way.

The days are getting longer. Dawn is staining the sky when I wake, and lingers into the supper hour. I like that. Sunshine makes me feel better, makes me want to shake off the drowsy curse of winter and want to clean the corners -- truth is, I can now see the dust in the corners.

So, I wish you spring - whatever that means to you. Look for the sunny side, sit in on the porch and enjoy! Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.