Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chesapeake Legacy in Print

The print version of Chesapeake Legacy, the second book in the Chesapeake Heritage series arrived yesterday. I was so excited when I opened the book and saw how different the book looks in print.

Working on a computer screen day after day seems to do something to my eyesight. I am having a time getting the bugs out of my work, and finally called in some friends to read the manuscripts and help me produce clean copy for the final editions. The first book in the series is out there with way too many errors and I want to apologize for that.

People have the idea that an editor cleans up a manuscript for her writer, but nothing could be further from the truth. The author is responsible for the state of one's work and I am here to tell you it is a long and dangerous journey. In taking that journey, I have learned the value of more eyes on the manuscript - and that different readers find different sorts of errors.

I am grateful to all of my first readers and hope to be able to present my readers with better books in the future -- with a little help from my friends!

So, humble pie is on the menu today, along with joy that the second volume of my series is in print.

Oh yes! Don't forget to look at the great cover! Dawn Tarr is such a good artist. I am so glad she is doing the covers for this set.

I sure hope you have a great day. If you see the groundhog, remind him that he is good eating and stay on the sunny side. Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.