Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF


Hello There,


Boy! Am I glad it is Friday. It isn't that I don't like the other days of the week, but a lifetime of observation has showed me that Friday is that is a day of hope restored. No matter how tired we are at the end of the week, we have a 48 hour day reprieve from the madding crowd and the workplace blues. Then too, Cambridge and Dorchester County are real party places. It is a rare weekend that doesn't have some sort of community event to share with friends and neigbors. That said, I have lit a candle in honor of the weekend. Long may it last.
Tomorrow I am going to go celebrate Second Saturday by going to the Never on Tuesday bookstore here in Cambridge to sign my newest book, Chesapeake Harvest, the first in a series of historical novels set in colonial Maryland. I grew up in a house with no electricty or plumbing and I know how difficult it was to stay clean and to put up enough food to last through the winter -- even with my father's pay to help buy shoes and food from the grocery store. It was not, I imagine, one tenth as hard as it was for the indentured servants and wives who came to an unsettled colony and had to carve out a life in the wilderness. The series is my salute to the founding fathers -- and mothers who made the Eastern Shore a paradise for retirees.
Today I added my first post to Nikki Leigh's Virtual Blog Authors Tour! I will do my best to give her readers a chance to see in a few moments where the day's tours can be found. When we discussed the project I told Nikki I could be a bit quirky, and she said the quirkier the better, so it looks like a good match to me. Check out the new blog at: http://authorsontour.blogspot.com/ for lots of information on authors around the country and across the world.
Well, off to work. Did I happen to mention that a writer's work is never done?
Have a great weekend, Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.