Friday, November 21, 2008

Fresh Paint


Good Friday Morning!


Whew, it has been a week. I am glad the weekend is due so I can catch up with some of the things that are going on in my life. One of the biggies is fresh paint. Some of it is on the walls, some ain't!

If you look to the right, you will see an example of the art I am submitting to a gallery show at our local center for the arts. I know I mentioned the Wednesday Morning Artists, the authors of this show that opens on December 13. Well, after a year of spending time with these fantastic individuals, I find that I have been moved to do a little painting myself, but I didn't have much confidence, especially since I saw the beautiful things the other members were producing. I thought I would try.
You can't imagine the energy I experienced when one of the artists suggested I incorporate words in the art! Wow! What a nifty idea for a writer. I call the painting I pasted today Eagle's Legacy, but I am sure I could choose any number of other names and it would still be a pleasant watercolor with collage features spotlighted with ink. (It is my fate to always fall through the cracks in my chosen genre and I guess there is nothing new in that habit.)
So, my work is ready for the gallery show and I am trembling in my shoes. Will my work be accepted? (Physically - yes.) Will it sell? (Remains to be seen.) Am I an artist? (You bet!)
The rest of the story lies in the painting of my bedroom and the den that serves as workroom for my literary and crafting efforts. At any one point in time I am writing a book, crafting a poem, composing a song, sewing a doll or choosing beads for a stylish necklace - or maybe all of these at the same time. (Maybe I have ADD?) Having the room painted seemed like a nifty idea. Getting rid of a load of clutter is also a good idea. The only deal is that I invited a lot of people for an open house just days before the painting started.
I am coping with that. Don't you just love the smell of fresh paint?
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.