Thursday, April 30, 2009

What's Is Your New Book About?



Hey Bloggers!

About a month ago I finished the last book in my Chesapeake Heritage series and decided I was going to take a break and just take care of my blogs for a little while.

Wouldn't you know it? I was tired, worn out, and ready to bawl. Writing four books in just over a year really did me in. If anyone had asked me, I would have said I was going to find some nice, non-literary activities to keep me busy for a little while.

Wrong! I doubt if I had a week off rest and whatever recreation the writer's life affords when I had this dream. It was one of those vivid Technicolor epics that followed me into my waking life.

I knew the title, I could see the setting, and I had a great certainty about how the tale should begin. Long ago, I learned that an impelling message like this had to be honored. There was nothing to do but to quit the spring housecleaning and head for the computer.

So here I am. The words just keep rolling in. Every morning I sit down for my daily dictation. You have to do it. You signed on for the journey after all.

There is one problem. What to do when someone says, "Well, what is your new book about?"

I'm not going to tell. I would appreciate it if you can honor my superstition that it is bad luck to talk about a story not yet completed. Rest assured, I write every day, usually first thing in the morning, right after I read (and forget) my daily horoscope.

When I finish this new book, you will be the first to know. In the meantime, we've got a pretty day going, so keep on the sunny side. Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.