Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Salute to the Cover Artist, Dawn Tarr



Hello Blogger,

You know, I often talk about my writing and the process of finding an idea and then bringing it to life as a book. I sometimes fail to mention what a great effort goes into the art for the covers.

My publisher has done most of my covers, but when I decided to expand my Chesapeake novel into set of four, I asked my friend Dawn Tarr (www.dawntarr.com)to do the covers. The image you see above is the cover for book three, Chesapeake Destiny.

Dawn is struggling with the economy, just like all of us, and has had to put her art to one side and take a job at Curves. She is a ravishing redhead with a diva's figure that can only be enhanced by a tone-up. I just know she will find something good to do with the experience. She is just that sort of girl.

Dawn was the inspiration for Chesapeake Destiny, the story of a woman who frees herself from an unhappy marriage and finds real love with an itinerant painter who shows her how beautiful she - and life can be. All this is set against a backdrop of post-Revolution Maryland. I loved writing the story and I was absolutely knocked out when I saw the cover Dawn extracted from the story. I personally think she is a genius and want to tell the world.

I have several of Dawn's paintings, and I find them very pleasant to live with. They really set off my walls and give me a good feeling about being a woman and diva in my own right. So, carry on and let your own diva out and, as always, keep on the sunny side! Terry

Terry L White -Author of the Chesapeake Heritage Series
"Travel Through Time With Terry"
http://www.terrylwhitesblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.