Thursday, April 2, 2009

Waiting for Violets



Hello Bloggers,

I snapped a photo last spring of the lush bouquets of violets growing in my back yard. The entire yard was full of both the white and dark purple blooms and I admit I postponed the first round with the lawn mower until the violets finished blooming.

You just don't get violets that often in life, and I figure I can wait a week or so for them to pass naturally.

Life just doesn't offer enough violets. Think about it. You can fall in love and the guy opens the car door for maybe two weeks, then the 'violets' are out of season. You can buy a used car and 30 days later you run out of 'violets'. Your mom cooks dinner and you wait for dessert and eat the rutabagas and brussels sprouts, the cake is served, and boom ... no more violets.

I think you have to wait for the violets in life.

Just remember, there are people out there who don't get many violets in their lives, so give them a call or send an unexpected card - snail mail - not over the Internet. They may be waiting for a violet or two and not even know it.

Clouds are predicted, but I hope you have a pretty day and keep on the sunny side. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.