Wednesday, November 11, 2009

'Tis the Season


This morning I realized that I am right in the throes of gallery season with the Wednesday Morning Artists. This Saturday evening we will be stopping by the Dorchester Arts Center to support the arts in Cambridge and the surrounding county.

At about the same time, Second Saturday will be underway on Race Street, with businesses open during the evening for holiday shopping.

Holiday shopping? No!

Yep. Thanksgiving is three weeks away. I sure hope you are ready, because I sure ain't.

I haven't even finished with this weekend yet. The Main Street Gallery will be showing work by many of the WMA, so do stop by if you are in town. The theme is Art-cess-ories, and I have submitted a dozen sea glass pendents and a very special doll to the show.

As you can see from today's photo, the Marsh Maiden is a bit different from the mermaids of fairy tale, although they go hand in hand with sailors and their dreams. So, I have sculpted this doll in a camoflage tail and bustier. Even her hair helps her to hide in the marsh grasses. I have an idea she is truly one of a kind.

I nearly forgot. Saturday will be a book day for those of you who love the written word. The Dorchester County Public Library will host its Second Saturday book sale until noon and I will be signing my Chesapeake Heritage books at Bay Country Shop from 1-3 pm with friend Arline Chase.

And then there is Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post comments that advertise your blog or business. Do not post comments as 'anonymous.' Comments must be accompanied by a name.